HW: What now?

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Sat May 30 18:55:33 EDT 1998

Christian000Mumford writes:

> Strange Dream: Hawkwind as we know it (with Dave Brock) play a final
> farewell concert on New Years eve 1999 with Lemmy making a guest
 [...]
> solo sax for half an hour after the show. For the 50th anniversary gig in
> 2019, in front of a massive 6-D multimedia alien's cut showing of
> Bladerunner projected onto our galaxy through wormholes operated by the
> abducted Steven Hawking (having chemically altered his name to Steven
> Hawkwind and revealing himself as the former human Steve Swann),

What's really fucked up about this is that I *am* a foaming at the
mouth Blade Runner fan.  I bought a DVD player within a week of the
format being announced, largely Blade Runner was one of the initial 10
releases by Warner Bros.  Because it was the director's cut.  Does
the Alien's cut fix any of the consistency problems in the film?  I'll
put a down-payment on a 6-D psychographic projector now!  ;-)

> Scientology. The by this time completely robotic Nik Turner/saxophone and
> the digital ghost of Dave Brock fuse into one cosmic being known as TUBROK
> THE ALTERER and suck the cosmic black hellsword from the otherdimensional
> realm of Steve Hawkind, impaling the cosmic energy vampire Azathoth/Arioch
> with the souls of 5 billion Hawkwind fans contained within it. In a massive
> blaze of telepathic feedback the earth is scorched in a blaze of black
> flames, wiping out all life on our planet, and TUBROK THE ALTERER is sucked
> into a mirror universe for all eternity to fight himself. As Steve Swann
> and the aliens arrive to take over, the resurrected Bob Calvert greets them
> with a wry smile on his face and says "It all went as planned kids...and
> Bob's yer uncle!", winking his third eye cleverly.

I just got done listening to Tool's "3rd Eye" as well.  Should I go
listen to _Sychronicity_, now?!

Steve,
 no longer just behind on his mail, but feeling disturbed as well

obLastWeek'sDVDpurchase: _Brazil_