BOC: Reverse fungus/Real World

Sun May 31 06:31:19 EDT 1998

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:

> > From:          Andy Gilham <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
> > >

> >, and any song with the
> > lyric "I live for rock and roll" is immediately suspect anyway!  Especially
> > when it rhymes with "soul"...  And the chorus to "X-ray Eyes" is really
> > irritating.
>
> That line is clearly a bit of satire...As is the rest of the song...
>
> theo

        Sorry to pick up such an old thread, but I've been away... I
started to really like 'Hammer Back' once I decided it was satirical, but
is this something we can say about every song on the album? I'm not sure
'Damaged' isn't supposed to be sincere... What really worried me was the
page on the fan club website where John Shirley explains his lyrics...
Surely one of the more unnecessary things on the web?
        Jon J.