OFF: THE MARGARET THATCHER APPRECIATION HOUR!

The Automind antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 2 12:48:37 EST 1998

I scored a time slot at my college's radio station!
Until I come up with a better name, I'm calling it:

"The Margaret Thatcher Appreciation Hour!" (Fridays 10pm-12am)

Most of what I play is Hawkwind/Calvert material alongside the Velvet
Underground, BOC, Motorhead etc. Here's the catch- I bring a female
friend of mine on as a co-host, who listens only to trendy pop-music
like the Barenaked Ladies, The Big Bad Voodoo Daddies, Moxy Fruvous (you
get the idea). Throughout the show we make fun of each other's tastes
and fight over whose music to play, sometimes getting so into it that we
shut off each other's microphones or talk over the music.

This friday is our third show, and now that I'm putting up posters I
expect our listening audience to increase dramaticaly (we know there
*are* people listening since we get phone calls every so-often). The
broadcasting range is pathetic, about 1.5 miles if even that. The
station is however in a densely populated area (Boston, MA) so we can
reach quite a few people, most importantly the lads drinking in the park
down the street!

I'm being honest when I tell you that it's remarkeably funny, though
unprofessional.