Klaatu (was groovie sci-fi movie)

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Thu Nov 5 07:10:11 EST 1998

Keith writes:
Are you kidding, man??  'Cause I'm certain I heard that there was a big
rumour going around (following the release of the first Klaatu album) that
these guys were exactly the Beatles in disguise.

I remember hearing one of their albums once back in the early 80s, but I
couldn't tell you a thing about what it sounded like.

---------

Well, its about time and long overdue that you purchase your first Beatles
record :) The "rumour" that Klaatu were The Beatles was something of a joke
that turned into an unintentional hoax I think. I doubt anyone aside from
children and people generally not so into music really beleived it, but it
definetly boosted their publicity and success for a short time. I had their
first album which was sort of charming and goofy west-coast sounding
Beatlesesque tunes.

Christian

ObStrangeDreamMemory: a kids' festival at the foot of a mountain where Nik
Turner w/some band played under the name of "Tiki-Wind" (on the poster they
were added on last with a non-repro blue pencil!). I don't think Thor
Heyerdahl was in the band tho.