Hi I'm new to the list

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Nov 5 12:50:19 EST 1998

>And I have Space Ritual by Hawkwind which is great.
>But when I look at the listings at cdnow, I see
>hundreds of them. What do I get next? with so many
>cd's I can't help but think there are a few real
>clunkers..what do I avoid? help!
>
>I just got a free video from a NYC Space-Rock band called
>Born to Go, anyone heard of them?

>Yep, one of them is on this list...

>What other hard Space-Rock bands are out there? I got into
>Space-Rock backwards, from listening to Motorhead, so scuse
>me if I don't have a clue.

Based on your route to HW, I'd suggest with the Lemmy-era
stuff first...

Hall of the Mountain Grill,
Warrior on the Edge of Time,
etc.

There are lots....
I'd recommend DarXtar....
Alan Davey/Bedouin (he's very influenced by Lemmy...)
Nik Turner's live stuff, esp. his Space Ritual '94...
(stay away from his studio stuff)

avoid Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gagarin

(it pains me that this remains in the Codex, but there's nothing
we can do about that)...

Others on here can probably steer you better than I...

  It's the Nexus of the crisis
  and the Origin of Storms...

       -"Astronomy" by Blue Öyster Cult

-AAA