HW: How's your Italian

massimo rippa mrippa at MEDIASAT.IT
Sat Nov 7 11:20:01 EST 1998

Soniqué ha scritto:

> Gidday All,
>
> There's some sort of Moorcock/Hawkwind article on an Italian Science Fiction
> Website at http://www.intercom.publinet.it/Hawkwind.htm entitled "Song of the
> swords: Michael Moorcock & Hawkwind" by Enrico Tomasini if anyone can speak
> the lingvo (Massimo - do you know about this?)
>
> Soniqué
> --

  Well, the article is mainly a biography of the band, written with true
dedition. It starts with a short history of other collaborations between rock
musicians and sci-fi writers, and goes on with a detailed chronology of the HW
saga and side projects, from origins to Distant Horizons. Some short analyses of
Moorcock's charactres are well achieved, as well as the translation and criticism
of some HW lyrics. As far as I know of HW (though I love the band, I'm mainly
into BOC), there is no evidence of huge mistakes, nor of astonishing revelations.
The text is a little bit too long (it takes 57 KBs) to be translated entirely,
but if someone need the translation of any part of it, I'll be very glad to do it
:-)

Massimo