HW:Lord of the Hornets

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Nov 10 13:41:12 EST 1998

Patrick rants...

>I can't believe that few people know of Lord of the Hornets! I deleted my
>mail so I haven't got the example but the penultimate R.Calvert song with
>Lemmy on bass, Simon King on Drums and Huw on guitar is one which is worth
>buying Freq, Hype, or the Best of Friends and Relations for!
>
>The rant endeth here.

I think most of us HWders know it, probably so well that we figure there's
not much point in talking it up too much.  I like this tune alot, each
version I've heard.  I think Calvert did at least three himself.  And
Turner's done it as well I think.  And of course, the Born to Go version at
SD'98 that I commented favourably about in my review in 'Aural Innovations'.

>BTW, what is the deal with reading Moorcock and Hawkwind, I mean did they
>put stuff in his books that made you go out and buy Hawkwind or what?

Well, hell yeah!  (see Time of the Hawklords...although I hear that
Butterworth actually wrote the entire thing)  And vice versa.  (see
Chronicle of the Black Sword) I think I learned about both from my older
brother...dunno which first, but I gather he discovered one through the
other, as I imagine almost all of us here did.  I figure that a few of us
even went the BOC - Moorcock - Hawkwind way as well.  Which of course, is
the whole basis for this combined list.  Isn't what I'm saying very general
information??  I'd *hope* so!

>It just seemed like as soon as I read Moorcock all of a sudden you find
>yourself listening to incredible amounts of Space Rock.

You got a problem with that??  :)

Keith H. (FAA)