OFF: interesting band

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Nov 10 13:51:09 EST 1998

Jill said...

>Apparently there's a band called Ebeling Hughes touring around the States
>just now which is being highly recommended on another list - so if
>anyone sees them being advertised it might be worth going along to
>listen!

This is a band from Detroit made up of two musicians named Bob Ebeling and
Chuck Hughes, hence the name of the band.  I reviewed their latest album
(Trnasfigured Night) in the most recent Aural Innovations, and to be honest,
didn't think too highly of it.  It's kind of like Pink Floyd's Obscured by
Clouds, especially since so many of the tracks are very slow...in fact, they
drag.  The sounds are really nice, though, and I hear their live show is
quite different from their recorded work.  In fact, I'm considering a trip
up to Cleveland to see their final show on this tour.
Dates are available at www.ebelinghughes.com

I haven't got their first full-length work, 'The little bugs glow', but I
have heard (from Walk on Water vocalist Mark Kahaian, who has a side project
with Bob E. called 'Baker') that it is the superior work.  I'm still looking
for it.

Keith H. (FAA)