OFF: Vampires

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Nov 10 14:18:39 EST 1998

>Dawa wrote:
>
>> Its called Vampire$, and it by some guy named John Steakley.
>>

>It's based on the Steakley book? COOL--I loved that book!!  (But look what
>Hollywood did to "Starship Troopers.")  James Woods should do great as the
>hero.
>Steakley wrote a science-fiction novel called "Armor" that was really good,
>too.  (Soldiers in powered-armor suits, but different from Heinlein's.)

I met Steakly at a con once, seemed like a nice guy.

It is loosely based on the book, Jack Crow (James Woods) is very much
the same character.  But much was changed, stuff cut, etc.  However,
this was a director with a pretty good vision, John Carpenter, and
the film is called "John Carpenter's Vampires", not "John Steakley's
Vampires".
  It's the Nexus of the crisis
  and the Origin of Storms...

       -"Astronomy" by Blue Öyster Cult