HW:Lord of the Hornets

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Tue Nov 10 13:52:16 EST 1998

> BTW what is the deal with reading Moorcock and Hawkwind, I mean did they
> put stuff in his books that made you go out and buy Hawkwind or what? It
> just seemed like as soon as I read Moorcock all of a sudden you find
> yourself listening to incredible amounts of Space Rock.

Well, Moorcock dedicated his book _An Alien Heat_ in 1972 to Hawkwind. And
Turner, Brock,Calvert, DikMik, Dettmar & Ollis were guests on that Peace
conference held in _The English Assassin_ also in 1972. I also recall that in
some other Moorcock book there´s a scene about the Mountain Grill in Portobello
Road, also with some Hawklords appearing. Does anyone know about this? Or did I
dream it?
I´m also a victim of Moorcock. I started reading in 1977 with the _Runestaff_
series and all his other stuff from than on, and I have read in a foreword of one
of those books that he´s written stuff for HW. That got me into buying _Sonic
Attack_ in 1982, which wasn´t at all the kind of music I listened to at that
time, and ... I was never ever quite the same since.

Andreas