Moorcock/Hawkwind

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Tue Nov 10 16:07:32 EST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: wandering-star <wandering-star at GEOCITIES.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: 10 November 1998 20:51
Subject: Moorcock/Hawkwind

>The Moorcock/Hawkwind thing is well strange:
>
>Now I started reading Moorcock(not Chron of the Black sword though), and
>6 months later started listening to Hawkwind
>in the form of a tape of Live Chronicles.  Now I had no
>tracklisting/sleevenotes so didn't know it was related to Moorcock.
>I've talked to a few hawkwind/moorcock fans who did the same thing,
>though not necessarily in the same order ;-)
>
>Eerie.  There must be a Psychic link..
>
>Rich ;-)

Hi,

I'm another new to the list.

I started reading Moorcock at around the same time as I got some Hawkwind
taped off a friend.  When he came round shortly after, he noticed the
Moorcock book and told me that he'd wriitten some of the Hawkwind he'd taped
for me.  He'd never heard of Moorcock other than the song credits (we were
both in our early teens and the albums were his brother's).  Coincidence or
not?
Curiously, at around the same time, I was reading a lot comic stuff by Alan
Moore, who, it turns out was a big HW fan (and had interviewed them in
Sounds at around this time - great interview, but unfortunately I don't have
a copy) and, so I was once told, appeared on stage with them once or twice.
Anyone able to back this up?

BTW I got a batch of flyers from Trev Hughes today, mostly for his comic
marts, at the bottom of one its lists places he'll be having stalls the last
of which is: "Hawkwind: Ledge of Darkness (preview) Christmas gig(s): SAE
for details when known"  Wishful thinking or does he know something we (or
at least I) don't?

Cheers,
Nick