HW:Lord of the Hornets

denizen of chaos akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Nov 10 16:26:31 EST 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Keith Henderson wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW:Lord of the Hornets
:
:>BTW, what is the deal with reading Moorcock and Hawkwind, I mean did they
:>put stuff in his books that made you go out and buy Hawkwind or what?
:
:Well, hell yeah!  (see Time of the Hawklords...although I hear that
:Butterworth actually wrote the entire thing)  And vice versa.  (see
:Chronicle of the Black Sword) I think I learned about both from my older
:brother...dunno which first, but I gather he discovered one through the
:other, as I imagine almost all of us here did.  I figure that a few of us
:even went the BOC - Moorcock - Hawkwind way as well.  Which of course, is
:the whole basis for this combined list.  Isn't what I'm saying very general
:information??  I'd *hope* so!
:

I went the Moorcock --> BOC

                    --> Hawkwind

route myself.

(picked up hawkwind on the basis of having read that Moorcock had played
with them.  picked up BOC after reading in a Locus that Eric Bloom had
jammed on stage with Moorcock at a Dragoncon.)

Fell instantly for Hawkwind, and have been addicted since.

(I'm very much a fan of Moorcock's multiverse stuff.)

On random Moorcock notes, did his band, Deep Fix, ever end up recording
_The Entropy Tango_?

On other random notes, did the sequel to _Time of the Hawklords_ ever
come out in novel form? (_The Queens of Deleria_, written entirely by
Butterworth)

(...and was there a third book as well?)

Arin
the denizen of chaos                    | denizen at pobox.com
aka Arin Komins                         | http://www.pobox.com/~denizen/