OFF: Metallica/Vampires (Godzilla)

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Tue Nov 10 17:52:36 EST 1998

I think the only thing that sucked about GDZLa is that in an effort to
ensure a kids cartoon series, and a healthy toy-market, they toned it down
to near cartoon status.  The special effects were AWeSOME, and made the
movie worth seeing.

I think the movie should have been MUCH darker, and gruesome.  And probably
in Hawaii or something.  (Why did the thing swim AROUND North America, to
surface in NYC?!?!?!)

But if the movie was as dark and gruesome as it should have been,
the kiddies could not have gone to see it, mass-appeal would have been
slaughtered, and the budget could not have been justified, I guess...
rj
-----Original Message-----
From: Nick English at blackboard.com <Nick English at blackboard.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at listserv.spc.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998 4:27 AM
Subject: Re: OFF: Metallica/Vampires

> Speaking of which finally saw Godzilla on video, and its probably worse
than
> people on this list have mentioned.  You guys were way too kind to this
> movie.
>
> L8er
> Ghost in the Ruins

Now do you believe me?!

On the other side of the coin, I want to personally recommend John
Carpenter's Vampires to EVERYONE on this list. Saw it Halloween night
and this is one seriously kick-ass flick! Believe it or not, James
Woods as an action/horror hero really works. I have a totally
new-found respect for the guy. See this movie.

--  Nick