HW:Lord of the Hornets

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at IDIR.NET
Tue Nov 10 21:33:22 EST 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Keith Henderson wrote:

> >Arin said...
> >On random Moorcock notes, did his band, Deep Fix, ever end up recording
> >_The Entropy Tango_?
>
> Well, a few demos were made, but the entire multi-media project never got
> completely off the ground.  However, unless my brain has gone completely
> haywire, the demos (along with commentary by Brian Tawn) were made available
> as part of the Hawkfan 12 LP (or cassette).

By far, most of that material has not seen print, so far as I know.
Perhaps Dave Cohen and/or John Davey can correct me here?

As I understand it, I believe that the material listed below is most
(though probably not all) of the Entropy Tango and Gloriana material:

==
Michael Moorcock and the Deep Fix:  Concerts and Rehearsals:  the
Bootleg: Half Alive from '73-'80 (Made for the Nomads of the Time
Streams, Sept. '90) (tape 46)

dodgem dude, starcruiser, brothel in rossenstrasse, running through
the backbrain, coded languages, good girl bad girl, at the time centre,
john dee's song*, the entropy tango+,harlequin's birthplace*, quire's
song*, ingleborough*, gloriana*, montfalcon*, lost in the megaflow+,
lastly it's the bellyflops^

+ = from _the entropy tango_
* = all first rehearsal takes from _gloriana_
^ = 1966 demo

a great rarity, made by MM himself for those few of us Nomads who came
to Atlanta's _Georgia Fantasy Con" in '90 to see him....
-----

Moorcock Miscellany (tape 45)

Cirith Ungol:   one foot in hell, chaos descends, nadsokor
Michal Moorcock's _The Brothel in Rossesnstrasse_:   brothel in
rossenstrasse, good girl bad girl, at the time centre, another
quiet day in auschwitz and turn the tape over (cassette b side by
pavli/shaw)

Basically, this is a compilation of misc. stuff, just like the above MM
tape,
but it wasn't made by MM.... :)
====

For more info on MM, check out the fledgling website www.multiverse.org,
which is now the official home to the Nomads of the Time Streams.

> And of course, that material
> (at least the music recordings) are to be on the soon-to-be-released 'Elf &
> Hawk' CD.  I believe there were two tracks, perhaps three?  'Brothel in
> Rosenstrasse' and the title track were the two, I think.

I don't believe I'd heard that, actually: might have hopped on the limited
pressing awhile ago...

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams.  Poet.
iscladoc at idir.net                       RPG Writer/Reviewer.  Outer God.

          Visit the Dreaming City:  http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

             "When you're hiding 29 you know it ain't a crime
          to burn a little brighter now"--Marillion, "Torch Song"