HW: was Re: Hawkwind/bootlegs

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Nov 11 00:05:03 EST 1998

Gonzo says...

>I'm from Germany and desperately looking for some Hawkwind bootleg tapes
>(if possible 70s stuff). Unfortunately I have no HW tapes I could send
>in return. Is there anybody out there who would make copies for blank
>tapes and postage? I could also offer some CDs (Nick Riff, Mercury Rev,
>Nik Turner).

On the subject of Nick Riff...I came across a four (?) song demo CD in a
used CD store last week of brand new (i.e., 1998) Nick Riff material.  It
looked very 'homemade' and if I remember correctly, the 'liner notes' seemed
to indicate that the material was being shopped around to find an
appropriate label on which to release a new album.

It had seemed to me that he had sort of disappeared a bit over the last few
years or so (even though he had appeared at SD'97) after the Delerium
releases, but this seems to indicate that he's now coming back into the
picture.  I assume he's still based out of Cleveland (or was it
Zanesville?), so I imagine that us Ohioans should hear more definite news first.

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  For Gonzo...do you know about the several bootleg CD's that listmember
Henrik Hallgren (Peace of Mind records) has been offering lately?  Some of
those are among the best 70's HW recordings that I've heard.  Of course, the
resident expert is Bernhard Pospiech, so I'll defer to him as a more
knowledgeable source.