OFF: Use Your Armour

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Nov 11 06:26:06 EST 1998

Michael Karschner writes:

> Dawa wrote:
>
> > Its called Vampire$, and it by some guy named John Steakley.
> >

> It's based on the Steakley book? COOL--I loved that book!!  (But look what
> Hollywood did to "Starship Troopers.")  James Woods should do great as the
> hero.
> Steakley wrote a science-fiction novel called "Armor" that was really good,
> too.  (Soldiers in powered-armor suits, but different from Heinlein's.)

The book on this that sticks in my mind is Keith Laumer's "A Plahue of
Demons". The start of the book is a kind of alien invasion thriller but
the end has a most excellent Use Your Armour scene on the Moon. The
Armour in question is gigantic though and the Kidnapped Folks aren't
wearing it, they've been uploaded into it.

FoFP