Power suit Armour

Marc Power mpower at CICG-DEV.ETSD.ML.COM
Wed Nov 11 10:52:59 EST 1998

> Michael Karschner wrote:
> > Steakley wrote a science-fiction novel called "Armor" that was really good,
> > too.  (Soldiers in powered-armor suits, but different from Heinlein's.)
>
> Eric Siegerman scribed:
>
> So did Joe Haldeman:  The Forever War.  Written while Viet Nam
> was happening, so you can guess what his attitude was like...

And here's the link that brings us neatly on topic, by being
at least obliquely Hawkwind related....

Mick Farren, ertswhile Deviant, Motorhead lyricist, Rock N' Roll,
Notting Hill crew hanger-on, Journo hack and esteemed SF/Fantasy
author penned a book called 'Their masters War' featuring shiny
black semi-sentient and latex-like alien power suits for the troops,
that also doubled as masturbatory devices (don't ask!).

Its worth checking out, as are many of his books. I particularly like
'The quest of the DNA cowboys' which is a trilogy, I have forgotten
the names of the other two books in the series. Anyone?

And finally, Mr Moorcock himself, 'Armour for everyday' AKA 'My Armour
is killing me' as performed by Genesis P. Orridge, well-known industrial
UK-exile on one of the Nik Turner CD's (forgotten this too).

And I haven't even got to Wilhelm Reich, discoverer of Orgone energy,
who in his book 'Character Analysis' deals with Psychic Body-Armour.

Ta Dah!

Marc.