OFF: Haldeman

denizen of chaos akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Nov 11 11:53:58 EST 1998

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: Vampires
:
:>Michael Karschner wrote:
:>> Steakley wrote a science-fiction novel called "Armor" that was really good,
:>> too.  (Soldiers in powered-armor suits, but different from Heinlein's.)
:>
:>So did Joe Haldeman:  The Forever War.  Written while Viet Nam
:>was happening, so you can guess what his attitude was like...
:
:Anyone check out his recent follow-up?  "Forever Peace"?
:

Not yet, but I've got to acquire it and read it shortly (Haldeman is going
to be in town (chicago) this weekend for windycon, and i want to sound
vaguely intelligent when sitting in on his panels.

Was it good?  I heard it wasn't a direct sequel to _Forever War_, but was
associational.....

Arin
the denizen of chaos                    | denizen at pobox.com
aka Arin Komins                         | http://www.pobox.com/~denizen/