OFF: Bad Metallica Cover

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Nov 11 17:59:13 EST 1998

>I think Metallica had guts to cover Turn the Page, although I always
thought
they could do a good job with an Eric-sung BOC tune....  Imagine Kings X
covering "Reminiscing" by Little River Band ;-) Turn the Page isn't a good
fit for Metallica, but it's only a stop-gap album (their 2nd in a row) until
their next studio effort, so I don't take it too seriously.  Now, Crash
Course in Brain Surgery...that was a cover that Metallica could get their
arms around!

Hmmm would agree that it took guts for them to stray this far I just wished
it was a song I never liked to begin with.   Something about the original
that would bring a tear to my eye when I listened to it in the old days.
I'd like to hear them try a little Dr. Butcher, maybe The Altar.

> PS: As AB mentioned, today is Joe Bouchard's 50th birthday.  I'm gonna go
> home, strap on the bass, and play along to "Hot Rails to Hell" in his
honor.

>I don't mean to be a credit-hog or anything, but I mentioned it!!!--  Nick

Ya its true, I just added Happy B'day after seeing Nick's research.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins