HW:Lord of the Hornets

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 12 08:28:52 EST 1998

Eric Siegerman writes:

> Andreas Stuewe wrote:
> >
> > I also recall that in
> > some other Moorcock book there's a scene about the Mountain Grill in Portobello
> > Road, also with some Hawklords appearing. Does anyone know about this? Or did I
> > dream it?

There's the Entropy Tango where Jerry Cornelius (I think) walks into the
Mountain Grill and various folk are listed sitting at tables - a wierd
mixture of Hawkwind band members and (other) famous names from history.

Slightly different from everyone else I came to Hawkwind while still at
school and much later read the Cornelius books without realising there
was a Hawkwind link.   I didn't read much of Elric 'cos that was sword
and sorcery and I wasn't minded that way tho' since discovering the
Hawkwind link I've read a few more.    They're ok... 8-)

My favourite book (one of them) is still The Ice Schooner.   Fabulous
landscape - nice characterisation.

Memo: must read it again!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk