BOC: Random thoughts post

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Nov 12 16:03:17 EST 1998

>Random fun filled comments:

Oh I like this kind of posting....

>I wonder how the King Biscuit BOC CD is doing... wasnt it supposed to be
out sometime around the Gold AoF ?

No one sems to know these days.  Supposedly their are plans but no
announcements as to when we can expect something.  A live album of thier
current tour would rock, good strong setlist and the band is playing well.

>Yeah, BOC needs its own version of 1999 Party or Space Ritual-- a 2 CD
lavish blowout of coolnes and sinister imagery. Could be the first set of
discs packaged in black leather emblazoned with a blood red "Cronos" logo.
hehehehe

Oh that sounds great but I know KBFH won't give us a package anywhere near
that.

>If the revamping of the first 2 BOC CDs is actually going to be done, I
hope that the liner notes are copious with good stuff (couresy Bolle's
vaults or Bucks maybe? like the Who remastered version of "Live at Leeds"
yet another live LP thats good, but sounds too spread apart drumwise.

This move mystifies me somewhat; why not throw Secret Treaties in the mix
too.  Who cares what it would cost us fans, we'd buy it since it would be
the only digital re-mastering available.  I know I will buy the T&M not sure
on BOC though...

>The verdict: OYFoOYK is the best live release availible.  Yay impartial
judgement.

Who cares about being impartial.  This one still ranks as my favorite live
album ever.  I've heard some great ones...and I have some great ones but
none of them touch this beast.

>THAT should be redone-- put the full color inner photo of the
band and that book on the back where it belongs. I wonder where that tome
went to? (Space Ritual could be tied for first place, granted I havent heard
it yet) Other really odd noting:

Re-master, re-release Feet/Knees and the Rock world is conquered.

>I wonder if KBFH accepts fan reccommendations for its live release
output... I mean think about it -- theyve done Renaissance, 10 cc, Triumph.
 Surely BOC has more pull marketwise than them.

Triumph version rocks like crazy and is much better than their record label
release, Stages.  I would disagree however that BOC had more market pull
than Triumph.  BOC served as an opening act to Triumph on quite a few
occassions.

>The smart thing for them to do (Do they have a web page?) is post all the
bands they haves shows of and offer people to vote on the artists
periodically. (Imagine the server frying when all of BOCL swamps it with
BOC/Hawkwind--(did they ever do aKBFH? I doubt it)).

Thats a sound idea.  Feel like suggesting it to KBFH?

>I'd kill for the Fillmore poster that had SWU on it,

I'd kill for a life size Buck Doll that played a guitar.  Just Kidding.

My own odd thought - I was watching some lame infomercial about this 8cd
package of rock from the late 70's thru 1991.  They occassionally scrolled
thru the songs included, BOC had one entry, Burnin' For You, Triumph got in
Magic Power.  I saw no Kiss, Aerosmith or Rolling Stones.  Biggest
contibutors were the Jack Blade/Tommy Shaw creations, 2 to 3 for Night
Ranger and 2-3 for Damn Yankees, who had a total of two cd's for their
career. (Don't flame me pleaese I love Damn Yankees) Go figure.

BTW John Swartz - Vixen is also represented on this 8cd set.  Showed one of
their 80's videos and ...Oh my gosh I think I'll become one of their fans.
Yowza!

Jason