BOC: Random thoughts post

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Nov 13 06:25:09 EST 1998

> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>

> >  I would disagree however that BOC had more market pull
> > than Triumph.  BOC served as an opening act to Triumph on quite a few
> > occassions.
>
> Nah. That was the 80s...BOC were on their way out, while Triumph
> were up-and-comers. Now it's the 90s, and both bands are struggling
> to let rock fans know they still exist (DOES Triumph still exist?).
> But when you shake it all down, career vs. career, I'm sure there's a
> hell of a lot more people who can name you a BOC tune than a Triumph
> tune. At least in the "lower 48".
>
> --  Nick

BOC opened for Triumph?  Where was this, in Toronto?  I'm from the
northeast, not far from Canada, and Triumph only played in this area
once, around 1980 I'd say, and it was in a small theatre.  BOC, OTOH,
played here throughout the 70s and 80s--all the time, and
consistently played big arenas, usually selling them out.  Maybe in
some parts of the country Triumph was a big deal, but not up here.
BTW, I kind of liked Triumph [at least Ric's guitar playing] but
somebody's smoking something really great if they ever though Triumph
were a bigger group than BOC.  Maybe after Al left BOC?  That's a
possibility...

theo