HW: Hawkwind trivia

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Sun Nov 15 21:14:14 EST 1998

At 22:51 15/11/98 GMT, you wrote:
>What year was the film Forbidden Planet released?    I was (just
>happened to be...) watching the start of this space chestnut
>tonight and realised that the burbling sounds as the spacecraft
>approaches Altair 4 are identical to the burbling sounds at the
>start of "Silver Machine".   There has to be a link!
>
>jill

If memory serves me correctly, it dates from 1956. IMHO one of the finest
SF films ever made (with a little help from the Bard of Avon *g*)

Konnoisseurs of elektronika hold the soundtrack of FP in the highest
regard:- it was years ahead of its time!

ChrisW

Free your mind & watch your ass!