BOC: Oysterboys vs. Canadian Trio's

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Sun Nov 15 23:43:51 EST 1998

> > > Offthoughts - I too believe that the Lost Boys was a superior Vampire movie.
> > > On the other end of the spectrum is the sad excuse for a George Clooney
> > > vehicle called "From Dusk 'til Dawn".
> >
> > Excuse me?  That sad excuse was written by Quentin Tarantino, and is
> > a hillarious send-up of vampire flicks.  IMHO, it's the only decent
> > thing Clooney's done, apart from the much awaited Thin Red Line...

Probably shouldn't throw my hat into the ring, but I will anyway: I
hated FDTD, too...and I really think Tarantino is totally overrated.
His idea of cutting edge is to throw in more 70s references than a
Brady Bunch movie. He's far from the first writer/director to do the
kind of stuff he does...he's just the first one to break into the
mainstream.

--  Nick