HW: Hawkwind trivia / Forbidden Planet / Krel

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Nov 17 17:55:12 EST 1998

Guy writes:

=> I just thought that I would add a littke ditty here about Forbidden Plannet !!
=>
=> For those of you who appreciate KREL,
=> (the world's most-under-rated-space-rock-band!)
=> whilst they were supporting Hawkwind, on the 1992 Teepee-tour, they played a
=> tape of the following section, taken from the film, as the intro to one of the
=> trax,  "Space Trip" (I think?):
=>
=>
=>         "In times long past,  this planet was the home of a mighty and noble
=>         race of beings which called themselves "The Krel".  Ethically,  as well
=>         as technologically,  they were a million years ahead of humankind, in
=>         unlocking the mysteries of nature.  And when in the course of aeons
=>          they had abolished  sickness,  insanity and crime and all injustice ,
=>                 they turned with high benevolence outwards towards space....."

Yes, but in _Forbidden Planet_, aren't they THE KRELL.  Obviously "The
Krel" are just their evil, underachiever, one-L-short twin... >;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

ob2CD: Iron Maiden, _Live After Death_ (remastered enhanced CD)

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix