BOC: Random thoughts post

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Tue Nov 17 19:19:34 EST 1998

Andy Gilham wrote:

> > original style, but I think you selling Spielberg short. Granted
> > Spielberg has
> > had a few bombs, like "Batteries Not Included", that movie was an
> > awful piece of
> > garbage if I ever saw one, but I think most of his work is grand.
>
> _*Batteries Not Included_ was directed by Matthew Robbins, although
> Spielberg was executive producer - it was originally intended as an episode
> of "Steven Spielberg's Amazing Stories".

Wasn't aware of that, that being the only movie I can remember of the top of my
head that had something to do with spielberg that I didn't like, can't say I
dislike any of hisDirectorial work then. I'll be the first to admit I really
don't know a lot about the differences between the Producer, Executive
Producer, and Director, except the obvious ones of coarse. I know the Producer
has more "pull" than the director, but the differences between Executive
Producer and Producer im not sure. But if Spielberg was EP of BNI he had to of
had something to do with the outcome.

> Imagine if Arthur Levy had made such a mistake when writing about the Blue
> Oyster Cult!
>
> - Andy
>
> mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.gilham

Im not going to knock Levy, I don't know him and he might be the greatest guy
in the world. I just think if something is going to be written down it should
be accurate, if I was going to write an article on Steven Spielberg, I would of
done a lot more research. But then again if Levy knew that it wasn't true Im
sure he would of probably never reported it, it was in Japan I guess, by the
time the news of Eric speaking Japanese during Godzilla got back here im sure
the story changed a lot. Weren't they also Nazi's? ;-).

Laj.