BOC: E Bloom and A-hole?

Wed Nov 18 14:59:04 EST 1998

>> As for BOC's past history, we fans, IMHO, should stay out of "taking
> sides" when it comes to the circumstances surrounding Albert's departure
> from the band, and exactly who's album "Imaginos" really was.  There
> are a lot of issues here, and most of them are private matters between
> the past and present bandmembers

>True enough.  It's hard not to take sides.  Blame the internet.
Before this list I didn't know any of the gruesome details.  It's
hard not to take Al's side, as he's so up front and honest [even when
he's admitting he's been wrong in the past] and the others tend to be
evasive.  It implies their guilt even where it doesn't necessarily
exist.  And since we only hear Al's side on the list, it's hard for
the rest to defend themselves...

Yes.  I do have some opinions as to who was right and wrong (or perhaps
at least MORE right or wrong) in some of these matters, but any discussion
about it here is likely to be a bit one-sided, as well as (IMHO)
counterproductive for fans.  And besides, it is old history - all parties
are on to newer and exciting things - and much more positive things as
well.  Finally, Al has basically told us that he's past many of this
stuff and doesn't want to live in the past -- and that's good enough
for me.

John