off: walkinbird [no BOC/HW]

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Nov 18 15:30:51 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Theo wrote:

=> They're advertising a concert called Walkinbird with Warren Haynes.
=> Do you know anything about this?  Haven't been over at the GM list
=> for a while, and haven't seen any concerts advertised.  What's up
=> with GM, anyway?

The Walkingbird gig is a screw-up.  Yes, Walkingbird (another HardHead
[GM mgmt] act) *is* playing 11/20 somewhere on the East Coast, but it is
highly unlikely that they will be playing with Warren Haynes, since he
will be playing with Gov't Mule that very day at the Fillmore, San
Francisco!  I guess since Warren helped out on Walkingbird's last album,
the promoter probably got confused about his connection with them.

As for GM, they're gigging right now (what else:).  They played some
dates in Japan recently, to much success, and have just finished several
dates in Canada supporting Big Sugar, and are now doing a couple of West
Coast dates (supported by Big Sugar, IIRC, as part of a reciprocal
agreement).  They'll be playing the Roxy, Atlanta, on New Year's Eve,
with the Derek Trucks Band supporting, and Greenville, SC the day
before.

Apparently they will be working on the next studio album, doing some
material before the New Year, and the rest after.  Expect to see
"Suffer," "Life Before Insanity," "Wandering Child," and "Devil Likes It
Slow" (plus at least one other new song I forget the name of right now)
to appear in the way of new material.  Also strongly rumoured is the
appearance of some guest musicians on some tracks.

As always, the Mule WWW site is always a good place to look for info,
tour dates, etc.

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Iron Maiden, _Live After Death_ (remastered and enhanced CD)

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix