BOC: Random thoughts post

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Wed Nov 18 23:56:18 EST 1998

> that Spielberg may have not even seen the finished product until
> opening night, and since he did contribute none the less, there's his name in lights
> right up there on the marquee too.
>
> Laj.

Keeping in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, I doubt
this would be the case. I would assume Spielberg is one of those
guys who carefully guards his name and reputation, not just
splattering it on any project that comes across his desk. For
instance, there was Poltergeist...directed by Tobe Hooper, or so the
credits say. But it has been rumored over the years that Spielberg,
who I think was producer or exec producer, basically directed the
entire film. I think probably anything with Spielberg's name on it
gets his stamp of approval before we get to see it.

--  Nick