OFF: Star Wars Trailer

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Fri Nov 20 09:09:24 EST 1998

>The trailer for the upcoming (Episode 1) Star Wars movie was shown on my
>local news broadcast last night.  It looked pretty cool.  That is all.
>
>John

Having grown-up on SW, I've been anxiously awaiting this movie.  Possibly
even more than for Heaven Forbid.  (The wait is even longer!)  Anyway, I've
been keeping-up with all the rumors and leaks on http://www.theForce.net and
by all accounts Episode 1: The Phantom Menace will be an incredible film.
New programs were created to handle the computer graphics, and from what
I've seen these FX are extremely realistic.  There are a few problem spots,
but CG is still young and hopefully LucasFilm will have it all ironed out by
Episode III in 2005.  Another interesting bit is that Episode II will be
released digitally as well as on film, and Episode III may be *totally*
released digitally (depending on the cooperation of the various theaters.)

MTFBWY,
Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html
-The new Fierce Wicker electronic showroom

Update 11/16: The new FW interview