HW: Track on PF Encyclopedia

Paul G Ward paul at PCMICRO.COM.AU
Sat Nov 21 06:42:14 EST 1998

Hi folks,

Thought some you would be interested in this news release ....

Soniqué
Date sent:              Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:05:42 -0500
From:                   Vernon Fitch <PFArchives at compuserve.com>
Subject:                The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia
To:                     SOnique <sonique at maxwell.pcmicro.com.au>

Greetings!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the publication of my new book,
The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia. I will be doing various of promos about the
book, explaining some of the numerous areas and research projects that I
covered. But I thought you would be particularly interested to hear about
the very special CD that is included with the book.

During the writing of The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia, it was decided to
include a CD with the book. And since the Encyclopedia encompasses the
various bands and musicians that Pink Floyd members have been involved with
in session work over the years, we thought that it would be particularly
interesting to have one of the bands that has played with a Pink Floyd
member in the past go into the studio and record a Pink Floyd song for us.
One of my favorite of these bands, and one that still encompasses the
spirit of the early Pink Floyd, is Hawkwind. So Dave Brock was approached
and asked if Hawkwind would go into the studio and record a version of
Interstellar Overdrive for exclusive release with my book. He agreed, and
Hawkwind went into Earth Studios in Devon this summer and recorded
Interstellar Overdrive as well as a brand new Hawkwind song, called
Hyperdrive Reprise. These two songs appear exclusively on a CD packaged
with The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia. A truly exciting release.

For more information on The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia, visit:
The Pink Floyd Archives home page at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PFArchives

Think Pink,

Vernon Fitch
The Pink Floyd Archives

-----------------------------------

The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia
456 pages
includes:
The Pink Floyd Reference Encyclopedia
Pink Floyd concert dates
Solo member concert dates
Pink Floyd equipment listing
an in-depth look at the Publius Enigma
plus an exclusive CD of Hawkwind performing Interstellar Overdrive and
Hyperdrive Reprise
ISBN: 1-896522-44-0
Price: $24.95
Available now