OFF: Star Wars Trailer

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Mon Nov 23 09:28:48 EST 1998

>Just heard that Lucas is only going to allow the new one to be seen in as
>many venues as the original.  I presume the reasons for this are
>many, but think that primarily:

LucasFilm is releasing it in over 3,000 THX approved theaters and their
equivalents (SDDS, etc.). The "official" reason is that THX has added a new
center channel speaker to their sound system, and they don't want the film
shown in sub-par theaters.  Sells a lot of speakers too....

On a related note, theaters who reveived the SW trailer also received a note
which said that LucasFilm knows how many trailers were sent to each theater,
and if any are not returned those theaters will not be given the full
trailer (Jan-Feb '99), or possible even be allowed to show the movie!

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html
-The new Fierce Wicker electronic showroom

Update 11/16: The FW interview