Dr Hasbeen

Mark P Lee MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Nov 27 10:33:04 EST 1998

>I just got this CD by "Doctor Hasbeen". The CD is a bit mysterious as it
>all plays as one track and lasts only 24 minutes. However there are six
>short tracks on the CD including the title track. It's all very Hawkwind
>style (more so than most of Distant Horizons anyway) though not as heavy
>and energetic. I enjoyed it anyway and would definitely say that the
>title track ought to go into forthcoming Shadows of the Hawk tapes.
>
>Is anyone still working on that? What's the latest collection of covers
>tracks?
>
>Does anyone have other Doctor Hasbeen stuff? Whats it like?

So somebody has Spirit of Brock, the CD was done by a chap  called
Martin about 2 years ago and has only ever been sold at gigs, not very
aggresively marketed really. A couple of people on this list may have
picked up on the fact that I'm one of the members of Dr Hasbeen, since
about 6 months ago. The group currently comprise

Martin : Keyboards, Rhythm Guitar, Drum Machines & Vocals, Lyrics.
Bones : The Bass, Writes poetry and WILL sing soon ?
Mark   : Backing Vocals. sort of Keyboards, smoke machine, acting the fool,
            Lyrics and Poetry.

Mary :  Lights and Beers !!!

We used to be a four piece with Lead Guitar until a couple of weeks ago but
parted company with Gaz owing to 'style' differences. What have we done ?

We supported Alan Davey's Bedouin at Derby recently, played the Badham
(Buxton) festival. The music is Hawkwind influenced and we do cover
some Hawks tracks, A&B, Golden Void, Brainstorm, and do several of our
own tracks. We fall into the 'Space Rock' category I suppose.

We will be supporting Spacehead in January at Derby and also in Leicester
at Leicester Square, ( ??? Gate area ) on Feb 3rd. We are hoping to get
enough decent live stuff down for a CD shortly, Martin has about 5 discs
available, I'll get details and prices/details if you're interested ?
For more info on Spacehead and an excellent review of the band you
should check out Andy Garibaldi,s site at

http://www.dialspace.dial.pipex.com/andygee/index.htm

Andy also has info on Krel and runs a vinyl sales list amongst other things.

Hpoefully that answers the question, drop me a note at my email address
if you want more.

Cheers, Mark.
Please reply to

                mark at esparto.demon.co.uk