HW: Tim Blake - opinions please

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Thu Oct 1 10:16:52 EDT 1998

Do yourself a favour and buy New Jerusalem & Crystal Machine,magick is very
different for the other two,and is fairly boring,although a couple of tracks
were very good live..
New Jerusalem is one of my alltime favourite songs,and it was a delight to see
him perform this,Lighthouse and Nati(from magick)when he was with hawkwind.
Its a shame he left the band during the 1980 tour,there was an article about hismusical career in Hawkfan 6,and I have to agree he was a bit popstarish.

As for what he's upto now is a mystery,but he lives in france I believe.
He guested with hawkwind around '95 and played some solo shows in the uk
and usa,then joined gong for the birthday reunion gigs.
Why he isn't still playing with gong,is a bit strange especially since on the
cd for the gong birthday gigs ,he says something like it was great to play with gong again.

There are a couple of video's around and FOFP has them,so he might add a few comments here.

regards

Marty