Tim Blake - opinions

Mark Edmonds edmondsm.brbs at EMS.RAIL.CO.UK
Thu Oct 1 04:48:00 EDT 1998

From: Mark Edmonds
Date: 1998-10-01 09:48

>Full Message Title: Tim Blake - opinions please
>I've just got my dealer update and there's three Tim Blake albums back on -
>Blake's New Jerusalem, Crystal Machine and Magick.
>Now I've never heard anything from any of these.  Should I spend some hard
>earned pennies?
>Opinions please.
>NP UFO - Come Away Melinda
>ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER

I have Crystal Machine and Blake's New Jerusalem on vinyl (EGG Records if I
remember correctly). They are OK but nothing special. To be honest, the only
interest I find in them now is to hear what Tim Blake was doing round about
the time he joined HW. My main gripe is Tim's pre-pubescent singing style
but he does do some nice sequencing and the guitar track "Song for a New
Age" is quite good. Recently, I saw that these albums are now on CD but only
one album per CD which is a bit of a rip-off as both could easily fit on the
one disc.

Someone on this list commented on Magick a few weeks back with the view that
it wasn't too much cop but don't take my word on it.

Mark