OFF: Help with Scandinavian space/psych

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Thu Oct 1 13:28:44 EDT 1998

How about these current Norwegians not on your list:

Biosphere (Tromsø, ambient space ala Orb)
Tangle Edge (Narvik, heavyily spaced out arctic prog!)
Motorpsycho (Trondheim, who once were good spacey jam rock, now a pop band)
Smell of Incence (???, never heard them, appearantly very krauty spacey jam!)

there's also a current "early Kraftwerk/NEU!" style electro-drone band that
are quite good , though I forget their name! I'm sure there are more that I
have forgotten, and there are many more straight prog type bands I can
think of. BTW, Finland is not part of Scandinavia (but Denmark is, so I
hafta mention Denmarks' On Trial, a heavy guitar psych band remiscent of
Monster Magnet or a very psyched out Masters of Reality (sort of!))

Norway for some reason has little activity/interest in psych/space/prog
music, and I don't know why Sweden has been so prolific either-----

Christian