Tim Blake

Mark P Lee MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 1 10:12:08 EDT 1998

>Subject: Tim Blake - opinions please
>
>I've just got my dealer update and there's three Tim Blake albums back on -
>Blake's New Jerusalem, Crystal Machine and Magick.
>
>Now I've never heard anything from any of these.  Should I spend some hard
>earned pennies?
>
>Opinions please.

I've had Magick for about 2 years, it gets infrequent play time,
I love to chill with the disk in the deck, some of the 'hard' music
afficionados (sp) may not like it much, but I find that a pipe
generally helps !! My favourite is the last track (who's title
evades my mind at this point).

If you get a copy for a rewasonablr price give it a spin, and
IIRC the sleeve notes indicate that the album was layed down in
one go on a winters night in the attic of a house/windmill in
France or something to that effect, and then mastered to disk
in one go with no additional processing !!

Cheers, Mark.
Please reply to

                mark at esparto.demon.co.uk