HW: New Bob Calvert CD´s.

Henrik Hallgren henrik at SUNDSVALL.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Fri Oct 2 08:15:54 EDT 1998

Hi there!

This morning I got two new CD´s from a friend. They´re " An evening with the action man" and "The Hawk connection".

The first is a live-CD with tracks from two shows, 6/11-86 and 31/1-87 and the second is filled with demos and rare tracks by Bob Calvert and Michael Moorcock. Total playing time is about 70 minutes on each CD.
Tracklisting on the Live: Ned Ludd, Acid rain, Work song, Re-wind, Ship of fools, Damnation alley, All the machines are quiet, Orgone accumulator, Evil rock, Lord of the hornets, Catch a falling starfighter/Gremlin/Aerospace age inferno, Quark strangeness and charm, Radio Egypt, Working in a diamond mine, Days of the underground. A total of15 tracks.
Tracklisting on the demo: The greenfly and the rose, Lord of the hornets, Revenge, Fascism-futurism, Bugatti, Isadora, Messenger & Morpheus/Solstice, Stranger in a strange land, Steppenwolf, Another quiet day in Auschwitz, Starcruiser, Dodgem dude, Brothel in Rosenstrasse 1992, Good girl - bad girl, Time centre, My new life, Peter the vulture, Intro mental, Harlequin. A total of 19 tracks.

These two CD´s are in my opinion among the best in my collection since it´s great live-recordings and rare tracks by especially the best rock-poet ever, Bob Calvert. Listen to Steppenwolf, Stranger..., messenger... and Solstice and you will know why!
The live-CD contains awesome versions of his own solo-tracks and the Hawkwind-tracks are absolutely faboulus.
The action man in a very good mood.

Accordning to the source they will be made in 25 copies each and the price is  £ 10 / $ 15 including P&P.

All the best

Henrik