HW: Anubian Lights

Andrew Dawson adawson at CLARA.NET
Fri Oct 2 14:18:56 EDT 1998

At 08:36 02/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I really like the *Jackal and Nine ep* by Anubian Lights. The music is
>very ambient spacy, though with beats throughout.  "Soul Herder" in
>particular is stunning, and better than the other version of it on Nik
>Turner's *Past or Future* CD. This CD is perfect for late night/early
>morning, and even better for writing to.
>
>Does anyone know if there are other Anubian Lights CDs out, or if more are
>being planned?  I know they have one track on the *Area 51* compilation
>(which is also very good, IMHO).
>
>--thomas rickert

Eternal Sky - Hypnotic CLEO 9603-2 Aug'95
Jackel and Nine E.P - Hypnotic CLEO 9666-2 Jan'96

and the latest

Let Not the Flame Die Out - Hypnotic CLP 0346-2 Sep'98

only received this today and so haven't had chance to play it.

Various AL tracks have appeared on the following compilations

Travellers of Space - Cleopatra CLEO PRO2 Jun'95
Ambient Time Travellers - Cleopatra CLEO 9649-2 ???'96
Space Daze 2000 - Cleopara CLEO 1844 Feb'96
Space Box 1970 & Beyond - Cleopatra CLP 9772-2 Sep'96
This is Space - Cleopatra CLP 9974-2 ???'97

Not heard of the AREA 51 compilation. Do you have any more details on this
please?.

Andy

Andrew Dawson
adawson at clara.net
Into Hawkwind ?
Then check out the Worldwide discography.
http://home.clara.net/adawson