BOC: Binghamton Gig (and Golf)

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Fri Oct 2 16:11:34 EDT 1998

Torgo sez:
>It'd be kinda cool to have a BOC
>OPEN or something. Maybe we could get Brian and Jason to slap a few
>around too.

I only get out about 3 or 4 times a season, but I know that if I can just
get a few more games in I'll be able to get the ball in the clown's nose.

Seriously though, I shoot 100+, but if I can get out early and often this
spring I should be able to make my game a little more respectable for a BOC
scramble.  Although it might be slightly less embarrasing if we play a par 3
like Pope's Grove in Syr.

>It was suggested to me to mark my balls (golf that is) with a magic
>marker for easy identification. A buddy of mine uses his initials, and I
>do that myself on some of mine. But when I want a little good luck on
>the course..... yep.... I use a good old BOC symbol. :^)

That could be a problem at the BOC Open.
TORGO:  "Is that your ball or mine over there?"
BRIAN:  "Mine's a MaxFly #3.  BOC symbol."
TORGO:  "Mine too!"
BRIAN:  "Damn, well I guess we'll just have to not count this hole."
TORGO:  "Wait.  What color was yours?"
BRIAN:  "Orange."
TORGO:  "Oh, then I guess it's not yours then." ;-)

OB real BOC content> Has anyone checked out the "Tourdates of Yore" on the
official site?  Man, they've played in Rochester and Binghamton *a lot*.
Unless there really is a place called Bingham(p)ton, NY in the same
county...

Brian
OB CD> Descendents "Somery"

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker