BOC: Binghamton Gig (and Golf)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 5 08:09:58 EDT 1998

> From:          Torgo Sedler <drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM>
>
> Anyway, the BEST radio station in the Binghamton Area (KGB FM) has been
> playing "Live For Me" fairly often lately and today after they played it
> they talked about the gig a bit. The opening act is "XXX", probably a
> local act.

Well, if they're anything like the band that opened last time at
Strikezone, I'll be next door tossing off a couple beers waiting for
BOC...

Tickets are 15 bucks in advance and 18 bucks at the door. Not
> complaining or anything, 18 bucks for BOC is still a pretty cheap date,
> but considering the New Hartford gig was 10 bucks it sure hits the
> wallet harder. Hi Ho.

Yeah, that's a bit high, IMO.  Brian, how much are they charging for
the Roch. gig?

> Maybe Live for Me is doing well enough in the Binghamton Area that they
> hiked the price up. Who can say?
>
> More than likely I will be at the show. Nick, are you going for sure?
>
> (and then Theo said...)
>
> >Hey, when are we gonna get together for a round?  I didn't know you
> >were a duffer.  Played 18 yesterday after work...
>
> I only took up the sport a few months ago, so naturally I am hooked and
> it is allI think about. My shots range from brilliant shots that would
> make Tiger Woods cream 'em to slices that kill people 4 fairways over. I
> am pretty inconsistent, but I have a great time whether I do good or
> bad. Talk to me come springtime Theo, It'd be kinda cool to have a BOC
> OPEN or something. Maybe we could get Brian and Jason to slap a few
> around too.
>
> And in order to tie the golf thing back in with BOC content....
>
> It was suggested to me to mark my balls (golf that is) with a magic
> marker for easy identification. A buddy of mine uses his initials, and I
> do that myself on some of mine. But when I want a little good luck on
> the course..... yep.... I use a good old BOC symbol. :^)

Yep, I put the Kronos on mine too...

theo