BOC: Metallica cover

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Oct 6 11:49:30 EDT 1998

Paul said:
>I read somewhere that this release will also include the _Garage Days
>Re-revisited_ EP, which is good news for those of us who only have it on
>vinyl (and whose vinyl and turntable are some distance removed from
>their present location).

>From the Metallica Web site:
Mark November 17th, 1998 on your calendar! As well as being the release date
for the already announced Metallica home video, it will also note the return
of Garage Days.
This will be a compilation of both Garage Days Revisited, which was released
in 1984 as the b-side to Creeping Death and 1987's Garage Days Re-Revisited,
an EP that has been out of print for some time now. Both Garage Days' are
amongst the hottest of Metallica rarities and collectibles.

This new collection will also feature every cover song the band has recorded
and released as a b-side. Lars also promises about 40 minutes of new cover
songs recorded especially for this project.

Tracklist will include (but not limited to):

>From Garage Days Revisited:

Am I Evil?
Blitzkrieg

>From Garage Days Re-Revisited:

Helpless
The Small Hours
The Wait
Crash Course In Brain Surgery
Last Caress/Green Hell

Various b-sides and extra tracks:

Breadfan
The Prince
Stone Cold Crazy
Killing Time
So What
Overkill
Damage Case
Stone Dead Forever
Too Late Too Late

>I got the impression it was going to be a collection of past covers,
>B-sides, etc., but I guess they must be adding some new covers if
>"Astronomy" is going to appear.

I'm surprised they didn't cover "Harvester of Eyes" or "Dominance and
Submission."  Maybe since Metallica has been mellowing, they decided to
cover one of the more mellow BOC tunes?

>Just so long as it isn't _Re-re-load_, I'll be happy... ;-)

Amen!

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker