BOC: on KGB

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 7 19:35:41 EDT 1998

Hey Kids!

Nick said....

>How is KGB these days? I usually listen to WAAL when I go back up
>there...it's all classic rock, as opposed to KGB's AOR format which,
>last time I listened, was starting to include too much alternative.

WAAL is a pretty good station overall, but they just don't... get it.
They take a good band, pick 2 tracks by them, and those are the only 2
songs they ever play by them. Whenever they announce what bands are
coming up, I can predict the entire song list by what songs are "WAAL
songs" or not. They sound great when you first tune in, but on a day to
day basis they make you want to wheeze your cheerios.

KGB does not play as much alternative as they used to, and when they do
they seem to be hitting the bands I don't mind so much, like Days of the
New, etc. I think they are pound for pound your best music bet while in
the area dude. I have heard LIVE FOR ME on KGB about 10 times now this
week. I even heard them play "I Love the Night" once on a request.

Ok, now the real reason for yet another peek from the lurkers gallery
from me......

I was in Binghamton last night, and I had just gotten out of the NHL
preseason game at the Arena where I saw the Panthers slap the Sabres
around for 3 periods (Boooooo). I was getting ready to leave the arena
when I noticed the car in front of me. It was a red Talon with
Pennsylvania plates that read "BOCULT".

By any chance, was that someone from this list?

As for saturdays gig, it is looking worse and worse that I will be able
to swing it (RATS). If I do make it, it will be a last minute thing and
I will be running late. Theo of course knows me, but just in case I do
make it there to meet you Nick I will make it easy to spot me by wearing
my RUSH COUNTERPARTS jersey. Theo will be the guy standing as far away
from me as possible. HA! ;^)

Lurk Mode On

Torgo has left the building.......
Torgo at norwich.net     DrTorgo at hotmail.com