BOC: on KGB

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 8 10:04:17 EDT 1998

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
>
> >Last time I saw BOC, I had just seen them, and the set was way too
> Buck-heavy and I was a little brought down overall. But it's been a
> few years, and I'm getting pretty psyched.
>
> Set is still somewhat "Buck-heavy", although not as much as about a year
> or two ago when Eric barely sang at all.  It's closer to a 50-50 split
> now - maybe 60-40 Buck to Eric singing.

You're right.  When I saw them in New Hartford a couple months ago it
was pretty much 50-50.  But Nick, you should try to catch this gig.
They're pretty hot right now.  the NH gig was boffo.  Incredible
rendition of Flaming Telepaths--worth seeing the show just for that.
Current setlist is full of cool stuff:
Telepaths
Buck's Boogie
TCtLDoM
LItH
and of course the HF tunes.

I'm thinking that the Sat. show may be the better one.  They're
playing someplace in the midwest on thurs., then the Rochester show
Fri.  Band could be travel-burned for Friday's gig.  Still hoping to
see both!

theo