OFF: audio generator

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Oct 8 14:27:09 EDT 1998

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:43:57 EDT, Bill Stewart <Stewartbas at AOL.COM> asked:

>Does anyone have information on the audio generator that was
>discussed on BOC-L a few months back? Thanks in advance.

No problem:

http://members.rotfl.com/soundshimmer/triwave.html

or email: Dan Green <green at soon.com>
or phone: 314-771-1096

The great thing about the device in question (named 'Triwave Picogenerator'
by its creator) is that it's a DUAL audio generator with TRIPLE LFO
modulators, so you can get great spacerock sound fx or even lengthy
cyclical warbling oscillations.  If you get in touch with Dan, tell him I
said "hi".

Speaking of audio generators, a couple months ago I was cleaning up trash
in the vacant lot next to  the building I live in ... in addition to the
bibles and prayerbooks that I found where the homeless preacher had been
living out of his van, and the large-sized high-heeled shoes that turned up
near the car where the homeless transvestite had been living, deep in the
uncut grass, I found an ancient (50s? 60s?) Philco vaccum-tube signal
generator.  Unfortunately, it looks fairly trashed (but not destroyed), and
uses weird-sized batteries that I can't identify.  But if I can ever manage
to get it working, it would be the coolest, most vintage, audio generator
imaginable!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com