Way Off Subject

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Oct 10 12:52:58 EDT 1998

Paul Mather writes:

> Maybe not so out of touch, as this may only be a crazy American
> phenomenon.  Anyway, they are little stuffed bean-bag toys.  The catch
> prices.  And the prices can get real crazy---from tens, to hundreds, to,
> yes, even *thousands* of dollars each (assuming you haven't let yer kid
> In this instance, Jill, I'd say ignorance is bliss. ;-)

I should learn to listen to voices of wisdom......   I was curious.
I went to check.   I found Britannia.  It is a small brownish-yellow
coloured bear about 6 inches high with a Union Jack embroidered on its
chest.    And the cost of it is:

One Hundred And Fifty UK Pounds!

You are quite right.  I should have stayed at home!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk