OFF: Art Bell quits!!!

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Tue Oct 13 12:21:39 EDT 1998

http://www.artbell.com/artquits.html

You may recall about a year ago... I told you that there was an event, a
threatening terrible event occured to my family, which I could not tell
you about. Because of that event, and a succession of other events, what
you're listening to right now, is my final broadcast on the air. This is
it folks, I'm going off the air and will not return. And what I will
tell you now is what I told you then. When the time comes when I can
tell you what occurred, I will tell you, through the press, through the
media, of one sort or the other. I will explain to you the entire thing,
it's not that I want to hold anything back from my audience, however,
for the protection of my family, until it is otherwise revealed, I can't
discuss it, I won't discuss it. And if you were in my position, you
would do exactly the same thing. And when you finally hear whatever it
is, what it is, whenever you hear it, I think you will then understand.

At any rate, I wanted to tell you, I didn't want to go without saying a
word, so I'm telling you now. What you are listening to, is MY FINAL
BROADCAST. It's been a good run, and you've been a great audience, and
it's been an absolutely incredible forum. And my presumption is, that
the forum will continue. At any rate, it certainly is my hope, that the
forum will continue.

And again when the time comes, when this information can be released,
you can be sure that I will release it, and I would assume because of
the magnitude of the forum that I have held, at that time, you'll get
the whole story. But the time will come when I will tell it.

So for now and the foreseeable future, that's it! That is the end of
this man's broadcast career. So, thank you, and goodbye...

     (Art Bell, 2:55 AM, Oct 13, 1998)

--
PERCEPTION

You and I do not see things as they are.
We see things as we are.

     - Herb Cohen