This Ain't the Summer (was: Re: BOC: Scream)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Oct 13 19:18:35 EDT 1998

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:06:29 -0500, Laj Waldner <erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM> wrote:

>   What does everybody think about This Ain't the Summer of  Love by L7,
>this too I didn't like, I really hated the vocal especially, but then
>again I don't like anything L7 has done,

Yeah, just typical 90s post-grunge alternarock.  I did like the stuff L7
did on Epitath and Sub Pop before they got "signed", but that was a LONG
time ago. (But thanks, Andy, for bringing it to my attention!)

>and in the song writing credits
>it credits it to Buck Lee Wallen or something, I know they got it
wronganyway.

REMEMBER: This song was NOT written by BOC.  It was written by an LA band
called The Imperial Dogs (the Australian label Dog Meat released their
unreleased LP a few years ago, which includes the original version of "This
Ain't The Summer Of Love") and was subsequently "borrowed" by Pearlman/BOC.
 So these are probably (sorry, don't have the record in front of me) the
original, correct, credits.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com