HW: Where to now

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Oct 14 15:48:31 EDT 1998

>The ones listed are already mine - where to from hrere?

Whoops.  My mistake, should read more carefully.

Hokay, in purely biased opinion:

1.  Warrior on the Edge of Time
       IIRC, this one won a number of hawkbrawls, especially Assault/Golden
        Void winning the song ones.  But apart from some of the spoken
        Moorcock bits (which I don't care for), the rest is pretty good too.
        I like the Dojo one which also has "Motorhead" on it.

2.  Quark, Strangeness & Charm
3.  Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music

        Both of these heavily Calvert albums benefited greatly from his
        return, the lyrics on ASAM's "Steppenwolf" might just be my favorite
        lyrics form any Hawkwind song.  QS&C has the excellent Spirit of
        the Age, Damnation Alley, and the title track.  Good contributions
        from others, like Simon House.... rate QS&C slightly higher because
        of Rudolph et al. trying to steer Hawkwind into a disco mode on
        some of the latter tracks...

4.  Chronicle of the Black Sword (though I prefer Live Chronicles,
        you said you prefer no more live albums).  If you can get past
        Danny Thompson's drumming, an excellent album.  Though that
        is a matter of some debate on here, you should check it for
        yourself...

As with most cds, if there is a griffin version, go for it, they generally
do an excellent job packaging, incorporating stuff originally with the
album and tour programs, etc.  The ASAM job they did was first-rate...

After that, there quite a few ways you can go, depending on
what you like more... I'd place Space Bandits and Church of
Hawkwind as good candidates, but there are live albums (such
as Space Ritual, The Business Trip, Live '79, etc. that I think
would be worth considering first...)

 she was looking for me..
 so I went aboard
 It was dark in the hold--