BOC: Binghamton

Fri Oct 16 10:41:28 EDT 1998

>Back to Lurkerdom while I await the John Swartz debut album "The Bass
Player Nobody Knows"  hehehehhehehehe

HEY - I'm back catching up on e-mail and AB's comment just reminded me
of something...

John Swartz has now been officially seen "live" as a bassplayer...

That's right folks, my reputation as a phantom bassist has been possibly
irrevocably damaged.  Chalk it up to too much alchohol, but the story
goes as follows:

Last Saturday, my little sister got married.  The music for the reception
was provided by the "Big Bad Bollocks" - a wacky Irish trio which I am
not quite sure how to describe (I should ammend that they are a foursome,
not a trio - oops) - kind of like a traditional Irish band on speed with
their amps on 11.  But, they were a hell of a lot of fun - and, well, I
guess I had a little bit too much to drink and lost some of my normal
inhibitions.  They started playing this slow waltz where they had my
sis playing the drums, and the bassplayer was not playing.  So, seeing
that the guitarist was playing G, C, and D chords, I figured I could
handle the gig, and after getting the singers permission, strapped on
the Fender Precision and played along.  Wasn't exactly "Dominance and
Submission", but it was 2 minutes of good fun (and I think the event was
captured in pictures).

Luckily, everyone else at the reception was probably too drunk to
remember it...  :-)

John